So sorry that it's been so long since I've blogged. I really don't have a good excuse other than finals week, but that was only one week, not...what's it been? Four and a half? Five? I'm not going to do the math. Let's just say it's been a long time.
I finished Wuthering Heights and I loved it. That's right. I LOVED it. Okay, maybe I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.
So here we are, the day after Christmas. Boxing Day, in Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. I'm pretty sure I love Boxing Day, even though I don't really know a thing about it. Essentially it's just a banking holiday. I don't know. I always thought it would be something cooler.
Christmas was wonderful and beautiful and all of those good adjectives. I sincerely hope yours was as well. Santa brought me a little case of the flu along with new winter boots (which are useless since there STILL isn't any snow), but it's okay. My immune system lives for battles like this. Also, it's a really good excuse to stay in bed all day.
I have a funny story to share with you, dear reader. I went to visit my grandparents in their retirement community and I was wearing this big knit sweater (which is admittedly kind of ugly) that my grandmother knit for my mother in the eighties. We went down to get grandma and grandpa from dinner and what do we see? An old man wearing the same exact sweater as me. That's right folks, I was wearing the same sweater as an eighty year old man named 'Walt'. We tried to get a picture, but, despite his walker, Walt was a fast mover.
I finished Wuthering Heights and I loved it. That's right. I LOVED it. Okay, maybe I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.
So here we are, the day after Christmas. Boxing Day, in Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. I'm pretty sure I love Boxing Day, even though I don't really know a thing about it. Essentially it's just a banking holiday. I don't know. I always thought it would be something cooler.
Christmas was wonderful and beautiful and all of those good adjectives. I sincerely hope yours was as well. Santa brought me a little case of the flu along with new winter boots (which are useless since there STILL isn't any snow), but it's okay. My immune system lives for battles like this. Also, it's a really good excuse to stay in bed all day.
I have a funny story to share with you, dear reader. I went to visit my grandparents in their retirement community and I was wearing this big knit sweater (which is admittedly kind of ugly) that my grandmother knit for my mother in the eighties. We went down to get grandma and grandpa from dinner and what do we see? An old man wearing the same exact sweater as me. That's right folks, I was wearing the same sweater as an eighty year old man named 'Walt'. We tried to get a picture, but, despite his walker, Walt was a fast mover.
I hope that you aren't all completely distraught over the fact that I haven't blogged since mid-November and that you will continue reading, despite my lack of posts as of late. I promise that I will do better in the future. Perhaps it will be my New Year's resolution. JK! I don't make resolutions. I just make vague promises to myself that I never end up keeping. But either way, I'll blog more. PROMISE.
And that's how Clara C's it!
No comments:
Post a Comment