My eldest sister, who lives in Washington D.C., says that men in D.C. are hard to date because they are very work oriented and they never want to settle down and that men from the Mid-West are the men that you really want because they are family men.
So tonight, in an act of desperation, I said that I will move to Minneapolis to meet a man if I have to. I WILL MARRY A MAN WHO EATS HOT DISH AND PROBABLY IS DESCENDED FROM LEIF ERIKSON HIMSELF! So any Minnesotans reading this blog, spread the word.
Michigan is technically part of the Mid-West...apparently. That's what I've been told anyway, but whenever I think if the Mid-West I always thing of Minneapolis, Minnesota (and St. Paul too, I guess since the two always seem to go together). And for some reason I have this huge romantic ideal built up around it. It's probably because I've listened to too much Prairie Home Companion and read too much F. Scott Fitzgerald. I guess that's what happens when you read too many books. You get romantic ideas about places...like Minneapolis? I don't know. It's probably the worst plan I've ever had, but then again, you never know...
And I guess if meeting a Minneapoilan (Minneapolianite...whatever they're called) doesn't work out I can always just build a log cabin for myself in the Big Woods of Wisconsin.
And that's how Clara C's it!


Dearest Clara,
ReplyDeleteI'll have you know that my wonderful man originates from... you guessed it... Minneapolis! And he doesn't agree with me that Chicago is the best city in the world. He puts it at number two behind Minn/St.P. So, I think it's probably an actual fairy tale place and I fully support your eventual driftage in its general Western direction.